Saturday 5 May 2018

A Book Review on Twilight

Hey guys, I'm back!! Today you are about to read a review on Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.
I read the book this summer and immediately fell in love with it. So, I thought of writing a review on this book. So here's my review:
What's Twilight? If you google it, this would be the result -
"twilight
the soft glowing light from the sky when the sun is below the horizon, caused by the reflection of the sun's rays from the atmosphere."

The term 'twilight' has been repeated in the book and throughout the series a few times so as to give meaning to the title of the book,--like;
' "Its twilight,"Edward murmured, looking at the western horizon, obscured as it was with clouds. His voice thoughtful as if his mind were somewhere far away. I stared at him as he gazed unseeingly out the windshield. ' 
The cover of the book-- pale-white hands holding a deep red apple-- confused me, as it didn't have any connection with the story. But in the Twilight Saga movie, there is a scene which explains the mysterious cover.



The book is about a girl named Isabella/Bella (she is so clumsy and trips and falls every now and then) who meets a mysterious and alluring 'vampire' Edward Cullen. As Bella tries to uncover the dark secret - that Edward is a vampire - she falls in love with him and will start to find it very difficult to complete a day without his presence. Their relationship leads to a lot of complications and this is what the rest of the story is about. In addition to this, comes another character, Jacob. He is very bright and energetic and always looks for adventures. Jacob becomes Bella's best friend; or at least that was what she thought. What Jacob really felt for Bella was not friendship; they were other feelings. This extraordinary love story between a vampire and a human is indeed a page-turner.




This international bestseller story doesn't end with one book. The names and the order of the series are as follows:

  • Twilight
  • New Moon                                                     
  • Eclipse
  • Breaking Dawn
Now, some important information about the book:

  • Name: Twilight
  • Author: Stephenie Meyer
  • Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Romance
  • Age Range: 13+
  • Author's Language and Style: A bit complicated- but yes,its fine
  • Reading Difficulty: Intermediate
  • No.of Pages:400-500 (to be exact 434 pages)
  • Do I recommend this book to you?:Hell Yes!!

Okay, and now 'what did I feel?' in this journey of vampire horror and drama...

1. Did I Like The Book? 
No, I loved it! This was the first series story that i read completely.
2.Which Character Is My Favourite?
Among the main characters.i.e. Bella, Edward and Jacob, I liked Edward-- or more like loved him!!! I think that I liked him the most, because he is very caring and over-protective of Bella. Not only that, he even avoids his own desires for her sake. Edward can read the minds of people surrounding him (hope that's not a spoiler😋) except for Bella. So I'm #TeamEdwardForLife😁.
(!!SPOILER ALERT!!)
3.My Most Favourite Part?
I especially loved the chapter "CONFESSIONS". You can

understand what's in that chapter by the name itself, right?
4.My Least Favourite Part?
The part where Bella gets fooled by James(another character who is also a vampire) and goes to the ballet studio.
5. I recommend this book, but to what type of people?
I would like to recommend this book to everyone, but the Twilight series were not able to capture the hearts of all of its readers. Before reading this particular book, I googled as to whether it is a time-worth or just a waste of time book. The result stood for both sides-- some said they loved it a lot, while some others said they did not like the book and it is a waste of your precious time. The reason for their hatred are these:
💔 as Bella usually pissed them off, by tripping every moment and as she is stolid and doesn't have any emotions. 
( I felt like this when I watched the movie. NO OFFENCE.)
💔 As the story features a harmless vampire that doesn't even crave for human blood.
💔As now vampires are out of fashion. The new trend -they are Zombies.
(Maybe we would need an extraordinary love story between a human and a zombie, I guess.😝😹)
💔Stephenie Meyer (don't ask me why. 'cause i too don't know the reason why.)
and a number of other things...
 So, I recommend this book to everyone who loves impossible romance filled with twists and turns and keeps you excited till the end.


OKAY, that's all for this post and I hope that the information specified, did help you to choose your next book to read.
So, do read this book and ENJOY!!!
Thank you readers,
Do click the follow button and don't forget about the Comments column.
Wait for my next blog..

Till then, Sayonara..!


No comments:

Post a Comment