Tuesday 1 May 2018

A Book Review On BLACK BEAUTY



Hi guys!! This is your kitty blogger. I've written so many cat blogs, so I thought 'Why not a blog about books??' So now its here...
I thought that i could start a review on Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. 

Black Beauty is a very beautiful and heart-touching story of Anna Sewell. It is her one and only story which she wrote from a hospital and this was her first and last masterpiece. The story is about a black horse with a white star on the forehead---and he was named Black Beauty. He was being sold to different families and farmers and it is his adventures that we read in this book. The protagonist, Black Beauty, the horse, goes through a series of hardships and tries his best to overcome these. Every one of our fears has its end. That's what we get to learn from this.
  Black Beauty is a combination of several emotions----- joy, family, sadness, fear, suffering, and then the cycle continues. The story teaches us one important thing--- that animals too have feelings just like us and we should treat them the way we treat our loved ones.

"My troubles are all over, and I am at home. And often before I am quite awake, I fancy I am still at the orchard at Birtwick, standing with my old friends under the apple trees."  
Some Information About this book (from my perspective) :
  • Name: BLACK BEAUTY
  • Author:Anna Sewell
  • Genre:Children's Litreture
  • Reading Difficulty: Easy reading 
  • Author's Style: Suitable for the intended audience
  • Author's Language: Clear and convincing
  • Do I Recommend this Book To You? : Of course! Especially for Classics-fans


Black Beauty is a very unique story with a protagonist that is a kind-hearted horse who's always ready to help others. If you like classics and have still not read this book, then I highly recommend you to read it. You can spend your leisure time on this book. Also, if you are against tragic endings, then don't you worry, 'cause the book has a happy ending (Is that a spoiler?).
All the concepts in the book have been covered with accurate information. It is a book for children of age 10+. Teens may not have an interest for these books. I really hate books that end in the middle of nowhere, also, the ones which doesn't have quite a convincing conclusion. Thankfully, Black Beauty ends beautifully and the readers would surely enjoy the journey from the start of the book to the last page. The book is easy to read and some of them also have the word meanings (which are necessary only for very young readers).
I really loved the book. I read it when I was 11 and it was an amazing experience. I think i liked this book because the protagonist is an animal--I'm a great animal lover. I really liked the last chapter of this book "MY LAST HOME". I hated the part when Black Beauty was getting beaten by his new rude master(Ouch! That part hurts even now...).
And again, I say, it is indeed a book you or your children should read. 

Thank you readers. I hope that my blog helps. Please support me by subscribing and also commenting on the important points that I've missed...
Thanks again!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment